Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Simple Scrap Headbands



There is something so rewarding about making a project for materials that you have on hand.  Don't get me wrong, I love to go out and purchase pretty fabric for a particular project, but making something out of what you thought was nothing, is pretty rewarding.


I had some small scraps of felt that I've been holding on to.  I don't know why, you can buy a sheet of acrylic felt for 33 cents, but I held on to the smallest of pieces. Thankfully, I did, because I turned them into some cute little bow headbands for some friends.


Aren't they sweet?  I think so. The bows themselves are completely assembled with a glue gun, making them quick and easy.    You can use my leather bow tutorial for reference.  These bows are narrower in the center than the original template. But the basics are the same.


 I also made up a few three inch pinwheel headbands, another great scrap buster. You can find the tutorial for these bad boys on The Mother Huddle.  I love this project.  So simple, so charming, and so perfect for summer.


No comments: