Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Quiet Book Page, The Family Home


Alright, I have been slowly trying to integrate the quiet book pages into the blog, but it has been a longer process than I had intended.  This is the last page idea that I'll be posting---as far as I know.  This is such a little gem.  I love this because it is simple enough for the smallest of children to enjoy.  I also love the details.  This page features vinyl pockets behind the door and windows so that family photos can be displayed and enjoyed. I think that it gives the quiet book a real personal touch.  I left the top of the pocket open so that the pictures could be replaced as people grow.  I tried to make sure that the pictures were a snug fit so they wouldn't slip out on their own. I really hope that Danny likes it.



As with the rest of the pages it is my own design.  There are definitely more pieces to this than most of the pages, but the result is well worth the extra time.  Some of my favorite details are the bricks on the chimney and the stitched blossoms on the front bushes.  I had quite a difficult time deciding what color I should make the house, but I think that it turned out nicely.  (I just ordered felt for a play house for my son in the same colors...I can't wait to start that project).  I used a double thickness of felt on all moving parts and I love to use a triple stitch on moveable pieces as well.  I apologize for the washed out pictures. For some reason they never seem quite as washed out before I post them.  As you might be able to tell I didn't cut out the door and windows, I simply attached them to the solid piece of fabric below, it just seemed to be much easier.  If you wanted you could add a small white frame for trim around the windows and doors.

7 comments:

Diane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane said...

OMG!!! Tricia it's so cute!!! Thanks so much Danny is going to love his quiet book!!! You are awesome!

Erica {B is for Boy} said...

You have some really adorable quiet book pages- you should really think about making them into pdf tutorials and selling them in your etsy shop...I know I'd buy them :)

Helen said...

CAN YOU SHARE WHERE YOU GET YOUR PATTERNS FOR THE QUIET BOOK IT IS SO CUTE

nadia said...

It has just outlived Strider Records, the store that most resembled it, probably because it was run by a man who once worked at the House of Oldies. When I heard that Strider, a couple of blocks over, had closed after 32 years, I got worried and went to check on the House. abbotsbury

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

This is the last page idea that I'll be posting---as far as I know. This is such a little gem. I love this because it is simple enough for the smallest of children to enjoy. I also love the details. Sudhamani

Robert said...

Thanks for creating nice post. Such a cooling post that is admittedly alright written. will be referring lots of friends regarding this. Keep advising. Sofa