Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Recipe: Cinnamon and Sugar French Breakfast Puff Muffin


I decided to do a little unselfish baking the other day, and make some muffins for my boys.  Sometimes I fear that my gluten intolerance is going to  keep my boys from tasting some of the more delicious parts of life.  Often when I go to the store to pick up a snack, I buy ice cream or candy that we can all eat, after all, why buy two if you only need one.  I don't often make homemade chocolate chip cookies, or bread, or muffins.  I love muffins though, I always have.  So, as a special treat for my boys, I made my all time favorite muffin recipe, Cinnamon and Sugar French Breakfast Puffs.  They are divine.  Moist muffin, dipped in butter, and rolled in cinnamon and sugar-a little bit of heaven really.


Since I'm trying to be unselfish here, I thought I'd share the recipe with you. Cinnamon and Sugar French Breakfast Puffs Printable Version






Cinnamon and Sugar French Breakfast Puffs


Ingredients:
1/3 Cup shortening
1/2 C sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 C flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 C milk
1/2 C sugar (topping)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 C melted butter

Preheat oven to 350 °.  Grease 15 medium muffin cups.  Mix shortening, 1/2 cup sugar, and egg thoroughly.  Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg alternately with milk.

Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.  Bake 20 to 25 minutes.

Mix 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon.

Immediately after baking, roll puffs in melted butter, and then in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.  Serve hot.



 Printable Recipe

1 comment:

Terri said...

Yum! Love these!♥Thanks for sharing!