Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Heart Bumper Sticker Detail

One of my sewing goals for the year is to finish up projects.  Frequently I will start projects, and then they'll just sit around waiting to be finished up.  I actually have an entire drawer of a dresser that is dedicated to projects in progress.  

These little leggings had been in there for over a year.  The only thing that I had left to do was add the elastic.  I sat down, added the elastic, and decided that they needed a little something extra.


How about a bumper sticker? This one came in the shape of a polka dotted heart.  Have I ever mentioned that I love polka dots?  Well I do.


I grabbed a scrap piece of red knit, and an orange fabric marker.  


I added some simple polka dots to one scrap....


....and some stripes to another.  Paired with some fusible adhesive, they made a cute little applique for these baby leggings.



I also added a bow to the front...just for fun. 

3 comments:

Magda E. said...

loved the leggings. i too have way too many projects unfinished and just like you have the goal of decreasing that pile... i've succeed with a few already.
www.houseofestrela.blogspot.com

Tricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aleena said...

This seems to be a great site which offers Bumper Stickers, Custom Stickers, Custom Vinyl Decals, Vinyl Stickers, Vinyl Decals, Custom Vinyl Decals And Custom Sticker Printing...i had been relying on Thebumpersticker.com earlier and they offered good stuff. You will be glad to work with them.