Last week I finished another blanket for baby boy #2, somehow it's taken me all week to get around to posting it.
It is a faux chenille blanket based on Dana's tutorial that you can find here. It was a bit time consuming, but I finished it in a couple of days, and I'd definitely make one again.
I purchased all of my fabric at Joann's. The back is a fine wale corduroy, and the front has three layers of broadcloth. The top layer is a bright green, the center layer is a jade green, and the bottom layer is a turquoise blue much like the binding.
I've only washed and dried this blanket once. I'm sure that the more it's washed the softer the "chenille" rows will become. I have a feeling that using flannel rather than broadcloth would cause the blanket to fray up even more, but I wasn't in love with any of the flannel that Joann's had to offer.