fleece dress coat for Clark. I don't think that I could be happier about the results. I found the pattern on sale, and the fleece was a remnant that I got for 75% off. The biggest expense was the buttons (which explains the comment from this post).
fleece would make the coat look cheap and flimsy, but the dark charcoal gray could almost pass for wool. Clark loves wearing his jacket, and ended up wearing it all through church yesterday. He had no desire to take it off.
I wanted to add a bit more detail to the pockets. I added a couple of buttons to the flaps, and did some detail stitching. I really love the results.
The pattern was user friendly, and the sizing was pretty true. I ended up making him a size 2, which is what he measured, and it fits just as I'd like.
Simplicity 2526. There are three additional jacket patterns, two hats, and a pants pattern included in the pack. I made the boys hat as well, but was unable to take any good photos. My only complaint would be that I couldn't find any measurement references for the hat sizing. I ended up making the largest hat size (because of Clark's huge head), but it ended up being quite large.
I'm linking up here today.