Search This Blog

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Love Story Bridal Shower Bookmarks


This past Friday my  baby sister-in-law, got married.  I say baby, and she is my husband's youngest sister, and at 20 years old, she seems like a baby to me.  She has a wonderful new husband that we are happy to welcome to the family.  Big congratulations to the Barlows.

Since the wedding has come and gone, I figure that I ought to share a bridal shower project.  We threw a "Love Story" themed bridal shower for Amy.  It was held in the public library, and there were lovely little books on the tables, with some ribbon and pearl bookmarks to give out as favors when the shower was over and done with.


I picked up my ribbon at Joann's, and we stuck with the bride's wedding colors, which were basically shades of pink.

I also bought a chunky pearl bracelet ($12.99 before 40% off); all of which were attached with jump rings, making for easy dissection. I also picked up an inexpensive sheet of adhesive pearls ($2.49).


The velvet ribbon was thicker than the satin, so I simply cut it to length, and added a bit of fray check to seal off the raw edges.  With the other two ribbons, I used small strips of heat and bond fusible adhesive to turn the raw edge under, and provide a bit more stability to the ribbon, for hanging pearls.


 I used my leather punch to punch holes in the ribbon, and then using pliers, and the existing jump rings, was able to attach the pearls and crystals to the book marks.  They added a little sparkle to the centerpieces, and at around a dollar a piece, were a pretty affordable, and unique favor.

I wish that I'd taken pictures of the invitations.  They were adorable, and designed to look like library check out slips, you know, the old school kind, with stamped date.  Very cute, and not designed by me, so I can say that.


2 comments:

Nate and Annah Butterfield said...

I love it! I love finding classy things to do for bridal showers and this is great. Thanks!

Charity said...

Those are pretty! Great idea. =) And I love the theme idea for the bridal shower.