Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2011

Nursery Decor: Embroidered Monogram


When I first started thinking of what I'd like to do in our nursery space, I knew that I wanted to have a large initial hung on the wall.  I'd planned on a large wooden letter, but I wasn't able to find anything in the scale or style that I'd wanted.  In the back of my mind was the thought that if I were to spend money on preparing for the baby, it should be on diapers and not decor.  So using what I had on hand, I came up with this simple embroidered initial for the space.


I used some gray duck cloth for the background, and then used several strands of green and navy embroidery thread to stitch the initial.  I used a simple chain stitch, and it actually came together quite quickly.  I would have liked to fill in the entire shape, but I didn't have enough thread on hand.


The decorations in this room are quite simple, but it is a temporary space at the end of our bedroom, and I didn't want to spend a fortune decorating.  I also didn't want to make any permanent changes to the room.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your chain stitch looks amazing! I really need to learn that. :) Such a good idea.