Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ruffle Bum Baby Leggings



After making tops all last week, I needed a bit of a change.  I found this lightweight knit fabric at Wal-mart.  They have five yards for five dollars.  It was one of those fabrics that I really wanted, but could hardly justify purchasing due to the fact that I had no idea what to make with it.  I gave in.  I purchase five yards of material, but luckily I found the perfect project for the fabric.  Ruffle bum leggings, now if only I could justify making little girl leggings. 


I used Rae's free baby tights pattern.  I am not certain whether or not this fabric has enough vertical stretch to it, but I figured I'd give it a try.  The ruffles are a double layer.  I probably should have extended them out to the side edge, but what's done is done.  


 I even made a pair of brown baby  leggings using the same material.  When I was dying the elastic (for the second time) for my circle skirt, I decided to throw a yard of the material into the mix.  It turned out a hot cocoa mix brown ( a lighter brown with purple undertones).  The dye that I used was RIT Dark Brown.

The leggings were really simple, and very quick to make.  I even figured out how to use some new presser feet and overcast stitches on my sewing machine.  It was quite exciting.

I'm partying here today.  Thanks for reading.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! I love little girls clothes, but I haven't found any justification for making them yet either. :)

Katie said...

Those are absolutely adorable! I love ruffle bottoms!

Emily said...

Oh so adorable! Was the pattern for Rae's tights as simple as she says? My cousin's having a baby girl who needs as many ruffles as possible!!! :)

Amy @ Chicy-Creations said...

These are so cute! I'm going to have to add this to my project to do list. I have 2 little girls and any little girl bum is cuter with ruffles!

Emily said...

Ruffle butts are the best! (for small children, not me ha). Love these! I'm guilty of buying up walmart fabric too without a specific goal in mind.

Jana said...

Love it!

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

DARLING! Simply darling.

Stopping by from Fabric Tuesday.

Unknown said...

So so so cute!!! We need some of those over here!

Staci J said...

These are Adorable!! I would love to see these on my baby girl:)
BTW, I'd love for you to stop by my blog and check out our HUGE giveaway to celebrate 6 months of blogging!
Thanks!
http://justsewsassy.com/2010/10/27/giveaway-6-fabulous-prizes-for-6-months-of-blogging/

GreenGardenMom said...

cute