Search This Blog

Friday, June 13, 2014

A Summer Blessing Outfit


My sweet nephew was blessed this month.  I have yet to meet him, as he lives far away, but I can't wait to kiss his sweet little cheeks.

His good mom asked me if I'd make him a blessing outfit, and I couldn't say no.  Sewing/crafting is one of my love languages, so to be able to make something special for him on his special day, was a great way to show him and his parents my love and support.



I ended up sewing a simple white satin vest with a pocket square, and a matching bow tie.  The satin shorts are so sweet.  If a baby has thigh rolls, I whole heartedly believe that they should be shown off.


The little newsboy cap didn't turn out as perfect as I'd liked, but was still a sweet touch for the little gentleman, and a bonnet alternative for such a grown up blessing outfit.

3 comments:

Emily said...

So sweet!

Florentine said...

This is so charming. Hope one day I need to sew something like this, too.
Cheers

Charity said...

Aww, that is so sweet! I love the idea of a cap rather than a bonnet for a little boy.