Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wide Elastic and Leather Belt


A local fabric store that I loved, for it's random collection of fabrics and notions, recently went out of business.  I tried stocking up on anything and everything that I thought I might want before they closed.  I'd been eyeing this wide (3 inch) striped elastic.  I loved the look, but didn't have the right skirt in mind. Then it hit me, it would make a perfect elastic belt.  


I dug through my leather scraps, and found some silver d rings, rivets, and a fastener.  With all of my materials gathered, it was just a matter of assembly.


Using my leather sewing needle, I stitched the leather to the ends of the elastic.


Then I punched some holes in some leather strips, added rivets, and attached the hardware to the belt.




 The belt is the perfect width for finishing off a maxi skirt.  

2 comments:

Charity said...

That is a gorgeous belt! Love the leather and hardware combination

Anne Weaver said...

Cute belt!! I've linked to your tutorial on Craft Gossip:
http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-wide-elastic-and-leather-belt/2014/03/27/
--Anne