Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Springtime Appliques with Free Templates



Are you all busy with springtime projects?  The warmer weather has been giving me the itch to bust out my bright fabrics, and sew up some springtime projects.  I still haven't tackled any Easter outfits for the boys, and I've yet to start any spring tops, but I did manage to whip up a few springtime appliques for some simple knit burp cloths.



Meet my friend Mr. Rabbit.  Isn't he sweet?  I think that he'd be absolutely adorable on a dribble bib, or onesie.


I used up little bits of knit that I'd been storing.  I love the little embroidered details on the eyes and carrot.


Here's his friend Peep. To celebrate the season, how about a free printable applique template. Here's the Springtime applique link.  


Feel free to use the templates for freezer paper stencils, appliques, or card making.  Please just remember that my templates and tutorials are for personal use only.  Please do not sell items made from my templates or tutorials without permission.

You can find more information about working with knit appliques here.

Thanks for reading.  I'd love to see any projects you make with the template.  Please feel free to upload finished projects to my flickr group!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

SO cute! I love them.

Emily said...

Peep is the cutest!! Good job using up some of those scraps.

Joy Burkhart said...

These are so sweet! I'm definitely going to have to make a bib or two for our great-nephew! Thanks for sharing.
xoxo
Joy