Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sewing For Baby: Baby Animal Hats

Source: Moth and Sparrow
Moth and Sparrow offers adorable free (for personal use) patterns for knit baby hats.  When I stumbled upon the image on Pinterest they were instantly added to my list of things to make to welcome baby. She offers patterns for A Fox, Raccoon, and an owl.



I couldn't resist turning the little owl pattern into a penguin hat.  I tilted and elongated the beak, and slightly altered the face shape.


The hats are easy to sew up, and don't take much time at all.  I left all of my raw edges unfinished....laziness mostly, but you really don't have to worry about knit fraying much.


If you're expecting a baby, or simply can't resist sewing up cute little things, then I highly recommend trying out this project.  I used scraps from my knit pile, but you could certainly cup up a soft old t-shirt or two to whip these up.





9 comments:

Cath said...

So excited we have a grandbabe due the end of the month these will be perfect come the cool months.

Erin said...

so adorable! i can't wait to see them on your sweet baby's head!

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

Loove this! I have a fondness for baby clothing that has been turned into an animal somehow...these look so easy!

Emily said...

SO CUTE!!!!

Unknown said...

How adorable! I love the penguin. That will be so cute on your little guy this winter!

Paige said...

These hats are adorable!
www.ribbonsandricrac.blogspot.com

...ar cieņu un smaidu,.. said...

Love these hats!!! I would wear them all in autumn/winter season - when I go to run in wood.

volgakalki99 mayor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
volgakalki99 mayor said...

There are eight unique varieties of this merchandise. AnimalHeadGear.com :: The Best Animal Hats Online offers some in-depth insights on animalheadgear.