So you're probably assuming that I'm pregnant with a baby girl, seeing that all of the sewing projects I've done lately have been baby girl related. The truth is that we still don't know. Hopefully by early next week we'll have some news. I had this idea for a little dress recently, but I only had enough fabric for an infant sized dress, so that's what I made. I guess that by next week I'll know if I'm going to be keeping it for our baby bump, or giving it to one of the many baby girls that has been born recently.
The dress is simple in design, and has three pintucks on the bodice, and two at the bottom of the dress. I used two different widths of ric-rac to have add a little peek-a-boo of color.
The raw edges of the dress are finished off with a coordinating bias tape, which also serves as the shoulder ties.
I did my best to match up the pintucks and ric-rac on the side seams. I was pretty pleased that they matched up as well as they did.
I left the back of the dress bare, with exception on the two pintucks and row of ric-rac at the bottom edge of the dress.
I still haven't tried the dress on an actual baby. I'm guessing that it will probably fit a 9-12 pound baby, but I'm not positive on that. Once I figure out the exact sizing I'll consider doing a tutorial with pattern for the dress.
On a related note, I'm hoping to have a tutorial and pattern available for the piped baby skirt later this week. I have the photos taken, I just need to scan in and prepare the pattern.
Thanks for reading, and happy sewing!