Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Brown Bow and Pearl Baby Booties

Included in the bag of baby shower gifts for my cousin's family, was a pair of sweet and simple faux leather baby booties.  I added a small bow with pearl to the straps of the baby booties. The edges of the upper shoe are pinked for a bit of added detail.

They perfectly match a sweet little dress that I made for their little girl.  Unfortunately, you are going to have to wait to see the coordinating dress, I'm saving it for something special later on in the month.

The booties are a twist from the Reversible Mary Jane Pattern from Sweet Pea Patterns.  Obviously these booties aren't reversible, but I think that they are just as sweet.


One added touch that I really like is stitching the sizing to the insole.  I wish that I had tags and labels for everything that I make, but I'm just not to that point.  Having the size of the shoe will make it so much easier for the new mama.  Thanks to my Brother PC-420 I was able to make it work.

Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Erin said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!

p.s. I met your brother last night!! :)

Lisa {grey luster girl} said...

These are simply beautiful. The bow adorned with the pearl lends a very elegant touch.

МамаФиалка said...

Ах какая красота!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I want some! The pearl is a gorgeous touch, and I LOVE having the size stitched in there. Can't wait to see the dress that goes with them!

Jacque and Nathan said...

Elli wore these shoes everytime we went somewhere! They were soooo cute and perfect to cover-up those not-so-cute Marshall toes!

Thank you so much for them and for your blog. I am so bored/lonely in Italy that I have commited myself to sewing at least an hour a day when I get back to DC (I guess it took living abroad to realize I ave zero hobbies!). You have inspired me!!! Your stuff is amazing!