Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mitered Corner Receiving Blanket


I mentioned yesterday that I'd already finished my first baby boy project.  Here it is, a simple mitered corner receiving blanket.

I've been trying to sew my way through my fabric stash since I found out that we were having a baby, but since Monday I've bought fabric everyday.  I've got a long list of sewing projects to prepare for baby

Funny....I really thought that I pressed this prior to taking photos.

My husband's aunt sewed up a similar receiving blanket for my Sister In Law's baby shower, and I decided that it was going on my "To Sew List".  

I found a great tutorial for it here, on Everyday Mom. All that it requires is one yard of the inner fabric, and one and a quarter yard of the back/border print. The print is a Michael Miller design, and the green polka dot border (which seemed to match much better in the fabric store), is from Riley Blake. It took less than an hour to put together.  Wahoo!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute! I think the green looks great. I'd love a link to the tutorial -- the link in the post seems to be to a the ruffled diaper cover tutorial...

IB said...

Lovely!!! :))))

Heather @ The Beating Hearth said...

This is one of my favorite baby blankets to make. I will say from experience that you can make it however big you want, you just need the back fabric to be 10" bigger on each side and a little extra goes a long way with swaddling a baby. You'll have to piece the back, but it's worth it cause you can use it for that much longer. If you're a swaddler that is.