Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Lonely Button Hair Pin


I have an extremely quick project to share with you today.  It includes only three things: hair pins, spare/lonely buttons, and a hot glue gun.


I have had some lovely little buttons in my button jar.  I loved them, but didn't know what to do with them. Rather than just pulling them out of my button jar to admire, I decided that I should give them the attention that they deserved, and put them on display.


All of the buttons that I used were shank buttons.  I simply slipped them onto the hair pin, and glued around them.  So simple!


 I can now proudly display my buttons!  Wahoo!


 I have these cute juvenile buttons that I was tempted to turn into hairpins, but I think that I'll wait until I have a little girl to use them on.

Has anyone ever spray painted bobby pins?  I'm thinking that some bright yellow or aqua hair pins would be fun.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are cute, you are so creative :)

Unknown said...

Lovely buttons! My fave is the peach flower. Good luck with your spray paint :)

Unknown said...

what a great idea: so simple and effective! love it!

The Marshall's said...

i'm going to try this!!! soooo cute!!