Search This Blog

Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year

Happy New Year everyone.  I love the New Year.  Although each new day brings an opportunity for a fresh start, the new year seems to provide us with an even cleaner slate.

I am not a very resolved resolution setter.  Yep, I set goals that if I don't reach, won't leave me feeling depressed.  I know I'm not going to be perfect this year, but hopefully each day I'll take a few steps forward, even if followed by one step back.  It's about progress, no matter how small. No day or year is going to go just as we hope it will, so being flexible in my resolutions works for me.  

There are a lot of things that I'd like to work on this year, in my personal, family, business, spiritual, and blogging life.  I won't share all areas of improvement with you here, but I thought it would be fun to share just a few of my sewing goals.  Here they are in no particular order:

Sew through my fabric stash  Our house is much to small to contain the fabric I have hoarded.  I need to sew through it and move it out.

Sew For My Home With the sewing that I do, you'd think that I'd spend more time sewing pillow shams and curtains for my house.  It has been seriously neglected.  I even have fabric set aside for particular projects, but as of yet, the projects haven't made it to the top of my "To Sew List".  That is about to change (I'll at least move them up to the middle of the list).

Document My Projects I haven't done a very good job at sharing my projects here on the blog.  I've tried to find a balance with family life and blogging, but unfortunately I've never been very good at juggling.  So it's usually all or nothing.  I'm hoping to share more here on my blog, or on instagram and fb.  You can find my social media links on the right side bar.  

Online Market Place I've been selling my products locally at craft fairs and store fronts.  I've tried to avoid writing up listings, and running to post office daily, but I have to accept the fact that if my little business is really going to be profitable, that I need more exposure. Hopefully, sooner rather than later, I'll be adding some of my handmade items to my etsy store.  I'm just going to have to figure out what days to make post office runs, because standing in line at the post office with three little boys is not my idea of fun.


So, what about you?  Any resewlutions for the New Year?  What about suggestions for balancing work/family?

1 comment:

Charity said...

I don't have any resewlutions, exactly, just a few things that I want to try throughout the year. The biggest is simply continuing to learn about fit.
And balancing work and family... I'm afraid I haven't learned that skill yet.