Search This Blog

Friday, September 13, 2013

August: 1 Month



One month has passed since we welcomed little August into our family.  I can't believe that time is already passing so quickly.  He is a joy.  We love him.





Even his brothers. Miles has been nothing but sweet to his little brother.  He loves to go and check on him when he hears his cries over the baby monitor.


Clark has been a great helper. He loves to hold and talk to his little brother.  He has the special responsibility of helping August in the car.  August doesn't like driving in the car one bit, and he makes it quite well known.  Clark never complains about the incessant crying, but will offer him his pacifier.  He's a great big brother.

Speaking of crying.  This one does plenty of it.  We are trying to figure out exactly what is causing it-gas mostly, but now we have to find a way to break up and prevent the excessive gas.

He has  a difficult time napping during the day due to his discomfort, and it seems that some days he cries more often than he doesn't.

We love him, and he is super sweet, but I do wish we could make him more comfortable. He loves to be held, and prefers being held over anything else. Unfortunately with a 23 month old adventurer, and a 4.5 year old, he doesn't have the luxury of being held all day long.

Having baby number three has been an adjustment, for all of us.




This big guy just started preschool.  He is loving it.  He is so grown up.  It makes me a little bit sad to see him so independent. I like to be needed, but at the same time, the break is good for both of us.

Miles has had to adjust to being a big brother.  He loves August, but has been a bit displaced.  He has decided that he doesn't need/want to nap anymore, which is killing me (and him).  He needs a nap, but has the hardest time settling down.



He'll be two at the end of the month.  I can't hardly believe that either.


 So many changes.


To think that just one month ago, baby number three was still nicely packaged in my massive pregnant belly.  And now, here he is, changing our lives for the better.  We are trying to slow down and make it through the transition period.  You won't see a whole lot of new projects here on the blog over the next month or so. August doesn't like to sleep for more than 20 minutes at a time during the day.  So, we'll enjoy some good cuddle time, and be back with new material when we can.

3 comments:

Jolien said...

August is a cutie, well... All your boys are! :)

Monday my 2nd will hit the one month mark as well, time does fly...

Really hope you'll find a solution soon for August's gas/pains. So far I only had to cut out coffee; found after drinking two large cups that my son had a hard time digesting it. :> Too bad, 'cause I do like my coffee, at least he can handle a very light coffee version with lots of milk though... :)

Not sure if it helps btw, but I keep hearing more & more often from friends that the final solution for their crying baby was visiting an osteopath, since apparently being born can be hard on the baby too... Wouldn't be something I'd think of immediately, that's why I wanted to share it...

All the best for your family! <3

Unknown said...

Tricia,

He may have acid reflux. My boy did and it was awful till we got him on some medication. We put him on prevacid that we dissolved in water and then gave to him. After about 1 week of that he was a different kid. Something to try. Hope this helps and let me know if you have other ?

Brooke

Unknown said...

Hi Tricia,while I probably shouldn't be leaving a comment on your blog,I'm going to anyway and apologize if I'm doing the wrong thing.I just wanted to say THANK YOU for sharing that pic of your baby belly,for it truly is one of the most AWESOMELY BEAUTIFUL ones I've ever seen!!!And your outie bellybutton(which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE)is just icing on the cake!!!!!!!!!!