Search This Blog

Monday, July 29, 2013

Gathered Eyelet Trim Baby Bodysuit





Last week I was invited to a baby shower, for a baby GIRL.  I love sewing for girls.  Boys are fun too, but I get to do that whenever I want.  Girls mean that I get a chance to indulge in lace, and ruffles, skirts, and ribbons.  It's just fun.  I'll admit it.


 About a year ago I inherited some gathered eyelet lace trim.  It is so delicate, and clean, that I thought it would be the perfect addition to a baby bodysuit.  I love lace trimmed bodysuits, but eyelet lace, it's even sweeter.

I used my serger to finish off the raw edges of the eyelet lace, but you could easily use a tight zig zag stitch or some fray check to prevent fraying.  I then tucked the tabs up under the envelope neckline, and tacked them in place.  The lip of the lace was positioned right next to the neckline, and stitched down.



After embellishing the neckline, I couldn't help but embellish the backside.  a few rows of eyelet lace on the rump, and the little lady is ready to shop off her adorable diaper bum.



Just to make sure that the ruffles on her onesie were shown off, I added a mini version of the buttercup skirt.  Sweet, simple, and a quick baby gift.






3 comments:

Crafty Couple said...

So stinkin cute, love the lace on the bum. Now I have to make one and I don't even have baby girls anymore!

Charity said...

Aww, how cute! I love making little girl clothes too, and baby girl clothes are even more fun.

Emily said...

Adorable!