Search This Blog

Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patricks Day Desserts

Excuse the full sun photos.  I had to take what I could get.

So I'm a day late.  But desserts are great any time, so I'm sharing anyway.

We spent yesterday afternoon with family, and were put in charge of making dessert.  I couldn't just make any dessert, after all, I have a four year old.   St. Patrick's day deserves something special.

I ended up making two different items: (Three Ingredient) Mint Chocolate Fudge, and Lime Jello Poke Cake.

Three Ingredient Mint Chocolate Fudge

1 can Sweet and Condensed Milk
1 bag of Chocolate chips
1 box of chopped Andes Mints

Chop up Andes Mints, and sprinkle a thin layer at the bottom of a foil covered pan.  Melt the chocolate chips and condensed milk in a sauce pan over low heat.  When smooth and melted remove from heat, and pour in the pan and even out mixture with an offset spatula.  Sprinkle any additional mints on the top of the fudge.  Refrigerate for 2 hours.  Done and delicious.







My four year old doesn't like mint right now, so he needed something that was kid friendly.  I found this lime jello poke cake recipe on Pinterest, and decided it was a good choice.  To be honest, I still haven't tried a jello poke cake, but everyone seemed to like it.



I was lazy, and used the whole egg recipe on the cake mix.  So our cake wasn't quite as lovely to look at.  I also mixed up my topping using the green milk that I colored for our breakfast cereal, resulting in a lovely light green topping.

Do you have any favorite St. Patrick's Day desserts?

1 comment:

Jenifer Martian said...

Thanks for the post. Visit Peri-Peri Guys which is best Fast food restaurant in Hicksville NY.