Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Selfish Sewing: A New Bag for Me


I mentioned last week that I really wanted to do some sewing for myself, well I did just that earlier this week.  I sewed together a simply Phoebe Bag that I had cut out a couple weeks ago.  The pattern is the Phoebe Bag by Rebeka Lambert, you can find it on her blog Artsy Crafty Babe.

This particular pattern is available free for personal use, but Rebeka also has a number of great bag patterns for sale in her shop.


I've been spending most of my sewing time working on projects for my booth at the local gift bazaar, so it feels great to sew something just for me.

I used some boucle fabric that I've had left over from the skirt I sewed up last year.  I think that the bag will get a lot more use than the skirt has.


The pattern came together really quickly, and the bag is the perfect size.  I can fit my poopy clutch, wipes case, and a burp cloth (along with my wallet, pen, phone, and keys).


If you are looking for a quick gift to make up for the holidays-this is it.  Go check out her pattern, I even adjusted it a bit to make a smaller version for Clark to gift to his friend for her third birthday.


3 comments:

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

That fabric is so cool! I love how the button contrasts with the fabric. I am in desperate need of sewing for me too, but I can't make anymore bags for awhile. :) Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Cute! I love the boucle for a bag... I never would have dreamed of using it and it looks fantastic!

Gracestefan said...

Afterward you've complete the important asset of buying a laptop, it's important to do all you can to defend it and indorse its permanency. Thoughtful of the bag as cover for your computer will allow you to truthfully rise the rank of buying a laptop bags & cases that is sturdy, long-lasting and defensive.