Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Baby Blessing Romper: Simplicity 5813


My sister and her husband blessed their newborn son this past weekend.  It was wonderful to see them, and to meet my adorable new nephew.


This is their first son, and my mom and I decided to make him his own blessing outfit.  I picked up the material at Joann's.  It was originally $14.99/yard, but I was lucky enough to pick it  up in the remnant section for 90% off.  I only paid a little over a dollar for the piece of fabric.


The pattern we used was Simplicity 5813. There is an optional jacket and bonnet, but unfortunately we didn't have enough fabric to make all three pieces.

I used this same pattern to make Clark's blessing outfit two and a half years ago.  I really like how it turned out.  It was nice to be able to use a serger to clean up the inside seams this time around.

The pattern calls for Middy braid to be used as the trim, unfortunately I wasn't able to find any at our local Joann's store, and the trim I used was both thicker, and narrower than middy braid.  It made it quite difficult to get it to line up straight.

No comments: