Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Romper Refashion Tutorial




At the end of the summer I picked up these rompers at Wal-mart. Apparently these short little numbers weren't big sellers, but I benefited and was able to get them for ONE DOLLAR a piece.  Now don't worry I didn't try to fit into them and parade around town.  I simply bought them for the material, the cute little details, and of course the buttons.  Has anyone else noticed how expensive buttons can be?


Anyway,  I finally got around to doing a bit of a refashion on this romper.  It was so simple to turn this romper (with 1" shorts-YIKES), into a tank top.



All that I had to do was slit the shorts up the center seams....



Cut off the whole one and a half inches of fabric that was supposed to serve as shorts,


and hem the seam.  I used a twin needle for this step and am very pleased with the results.



The barn was tipping over and I was doing my part (along with the pole and board) to keep it standing.

It was a ten minute/one dollar refashion.  I like that the top has a bit of elastic at the waist, and I love the bow detail in the back.

I have yet to refashion the solid green or blue stripe rompers.  Any great ideas?  I just love the kelly green and ultra marine blue colors.

I'll be linking up here today!  Thanks for visiting.


6 comments:

Teaching with Grace said...

I love this! It's cute and simple. Definitely a great choice to get rid of the "shorts". Not sure they can be called that though. Lol!

LBT said...

Very cute and what a wonderful idea! I was worried at first when I read romper - I just think they should be outlawed at a certain age ;) - but you really did a great job turning it into something awesome! Thanks for the inspiration.

Found you from Crafty Cierra, now following. If you can, come check out LBT and maybe follow back. Thx!

Angelene
LBT
http://littlebuggietutu.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

SO cute. I saw these in pink at our Walmart and couldn't think of a thing to do with them so I left them on the rack... No I wish I'd picked a couple up since YOU have wonderful ideas. :)

juliecache said...

this looks easier that our version. my dd and i cut above the elastic (the beading on top was very cute) and added strips of fabric on the bottom edge. thanks for posting.

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

I'm so glad you made a fashion faux pas into something really cute! I really like it- and your abilities to hold up a barn are equally impressive ;)

Unknown said...

Cute! That color looks so good on you - great job with the refashion! :)

Felicity @ Simple Elegance