Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Philidelphia 3-Step Lemon Cheesecake Bars with Lemon Syrup

Photo courtesy of Kraft Recipes.com




Okay so the top of my cheesecake is a bit golden, but still delicious.



I'll come right out and admit that this is not my recipe, but I couldn't help but share it with you.  I found it recently on AllRecipes.com.  I made it for my family on Sunday, and they were delicious.  You can find the recipe for the cheesecake bars here.  The cheesecake bars have a very light and subtle lemon flavor.  The crust is delicious as well, they are made from Coconut Macaroons that are crushed and mixed with a bit of butter.

You can often find prepared macaroons that are gluten free, but to be safe I made my own. I used the recipe from the back of the Great Value (Wal-mart brand) shredded coconut package.  Apparently I threw out the empty container.  I can't find the recipe online or else I would link to it.   It is a flourless recipe, but I chose to add a tablespoon of rice flour for a bit of substance.  The macaroons were delicious and they made a perfect crust for the cheesecake.  

My husband loved the bars.  You might notice that I added a lemon syrup to the top of the cheesecake bar.  I thought that they just a bit more flavor.  You can make a simple syrup by incorporating fresh lemon juice, fresh lemon zest, and sugar and cooking until syrup consistency is reached. For more information on making simple syrups you can look here.









No comments: