Search This Blog

Monday, July 7, 2014

Masha and The Bear Dress


Have you heard of Masha and The Bear?  I hadn't, not until my cousins asked me to make up a Masha dress for their little daughter's party.  Apparently Masha and Mishka is her favorite Russian cartoon, so they planned a Masha themed party to celebrate summer. 




Masha's dress is adorably simple.  An a-line skirt, and a deep necked bodice made the pattern pretty simple to draft.  The hardest part was finding the right trims for the sleeves of the shirt, and the hem of the skirt, which I ended up picking up at Joann's, not perfect matches, but they worked.
As far as materials go, I used a pink suiting fabric for the dress, and a white oxford shirting for the top. 



I added a simple button closure at the back of both the shirt and the dress.  


She made an adorable Masha, and her little brother made a perfectly cuddly bear.  







22 comments:

Smrithy Anna Benoy said...

Thats a beautiful dress. :)
and beautiful children

God Bless!
regards,
Smrithy

Emily said...

Adorable!

Charity said...

That is a darling outfit. =) I've never heard of Masha And The Bear before, but you did a great job imitating Masha's outfit!

Jenny said...

Oh this is too cute!! Well done!

Eduardo Moraes Viana said...

My little sister love it

Eduardo Moraes Viana said...

My little sister love it

Megan said...

Do you have any interest in making another one of these? My daughter wants to be Masha for Halloween but I can't find anything anywhere.

Tamara Woolsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tamara Woolsey said...

Would you be interested in making another one. Tamarawoolsey@hotmail.com

Maria Pisarev said...

Would you be willing to make one for my daughter as well? She absolutely loves her but i can't find it where I live. Email me mpisarev8@gmail.com
Of course i will pay for your effort

Robert F. Crocker said...

Totally fantastic! Love the combination of mint and beige. Such a lovely dress! dark purple bridesmaid dresses

Brittiany Romero said...

Would you be interested in selling this costume? Brittiany11@gmail.com

I cannot find any Masha costumes to save my life!

Unknown said...

Is there any chance I can order a Masha dress from you by Halloween? My daughter is obsessed with Masha and she is 2.5.
Katya
Ka2shaz@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Are you willing to make another by halloween? My 18 month old loves masha! Danielle807@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

yes please let me know if interested in making more! 3 yr loves Masha!
hungryhungryhippos@gmail.com

pipibin said...

Hi,
can you create one pair for us too? :)
Contact; nina.lorger@gmail.com

Ale Salazar said...

Hi! Can you share what pattern was used for the head piece? Did you make it like a bandana?

Elisheva Raab said...

Would you be intrested in selling I really need one elishevaraab@gmail.com

Can't find them anywhere

Elisheva Raab said...

Would you be intrested in selling I really need one elishevaraab@gmail.com

Can't find them anywhere

Revs said...

My toddler loves Masha and the bear.he says masha akka...akka in our regional language means sister...he instantly conctd vth Masha like he concts vth his cousin...adorable.

Sreedivya Rejith said...

Can I get one...my babys biryhday is coming...shez getting two year now...she is fond of Masha...if I get...she will be so much happy...

Anonymous said...

I'm a mom from Brazil, could you share the dress template, I mean the mesurements and the paper tenplate. Tank you so much. Marcia.
Mascarenhas974@gmail.com