I picked up a remnant piece of fabric a couple of years ago. I was sure that it was going to turn into something lately. Unfortunately, when I got it home, I realized that it was embroidered on one end, and that the majority of the fabric was simply sheer with small flowers every six inches or so. The scalloped edge ran along the side, which was only 18 inches or so. So, it sat, and sat, and sat in my drawer, waiting to be used. It would have been a beautiful overlay for a christening or blessing gown, but like I said there was only 18 inches.
Inspiration finally struck last week, and I sewed it into a quick little baby bonnet. It was perfect because I was able to use all of the border detail, and finish the project with the small amount of fabric that I had on hand. Let me admit, that this might be the worst project photo ever. It was really hard to shoot, but trust me, it's darling.
This is in no way an announcement that we are having a girl. We still don't know the gender, 4.5 weeks left. I made up the little bonnet for my friend Kandice, of Kandice McDermott Photography. Just a fun little photo prop for a sweet little baby.
Is it ridiculous that putting fabric to good use gives me an odd sense of accomplishment. It does.
By the way, did you notice that I added some new social media buttons, my Facebook, and Instagram icons have been updated, follow if you'd like (I'm not going to bribe you).