Search This Blog

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Finally a Princess Party



It took me thirty years, but I finally had one-my very own princess party.  I had my birthday Saturday, and spent most of the day at my final craft fair of the season.  I was able to wrap up the day, eating cake with my family.  It was wonderful.  Clark picked out a tiara for me, and Mile's chose a lovely pink necklace, my favorite gifts.

Clark just assumed that I'd be having a princess party this year,  I am a girl after all.  Kids make birthdays so much more fun.  My dear mom watched my boys while I was at the craft fair, and my husband worked.  While she had them they made me a cake, and found all sorts of princess party props.  It was awful sweet.  Although I'm not thrilled about getting older, it is better than the alternative, and I'm so happy with all that has happened in the last thirty years of life, especially the last ten. I've gone from student, to employee, to stay at home mom.  Single, to married, to married with children.


Thinking about getting older, it seemed to take forever to turn the ripe old age of fifteen, but last fifteen years have come and gone in a hurry. I'm sure that they'll continue to fly by.  Hopefully I'll learn a lot along the way.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe you didn't tell me it was your birthday! Happy belated birthday! Glad you got to have a princess party and your booth looked fantastic! Thanks for hooking me up. :) PS I think 30s are better than the 20s.

Peter Brown said...

Great Blog. Your article is amazing and inspiring. Keep writing and inspiring.

dosaeatery said...

Dosas are savory crepes that have been around for at least a thousand years and are popular throughout South Asia.