Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

Photo Shoot Preparation


We're getting ready for a first birthday over here.  I can hardly believe that Miles is almost a year old.


In preparation for his birthday, we are making preparations for our preparations.  Isn't that odd. We'll be taking some pictures for his birthday invitations, so preparations are underway.  We have a finished bow tie, diaper cover, reclaimed glasses, and of course a few garlands.


We still have a few other projects to prepare for the photo shoot, but I'm excited.  Hopefully he's willing and eager to participate.


 I love making simple circle garlands.  They're bright inexpensive, and easy to whip up (especially with a fabric cutter).  I used my Accuquilt Go! Baby fabric cutter, and used the two two and three inch circles.  I recommend using three colors in two sizes, that way you can create a regular repeating pattern.

Remember how a while ago I mentioned that Clark was dead set on a Big and Mighty Machine Birthday Party?  Well that very day he changed his mind.  He decided that he now wants a Superman party, which sounds easy enough, except for the fact that everything in the stores is Spiderman, Avengers, and a few Batman items.  I'm sure that will all change next year with the release of Man Of Steele, but for now, I've decided I'm going to have to stick to the Superman color scheme, and forget most of the licensed birthday party products.

We're planning a joint birthday party for the boys, since their birthdays are fairly close together.

3 comments:

Brian & Carol said...

Oh man! I can't wait to see the pictures! I love parties and party preparations!

Kandice said...

Ah! They look so great...I'm getting excited! My sister is helping with the backdrop...painting it on wood! :-)

Emily said...

Can't wait! Love the bow tie and the perfect circles. :)