Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2012

Leather Chevron Necklace


I love a good scrap busting project, and this little leather chevron necklace made me giddy.  I was able to use up some of my favorite leather scraps (the ones that I was feeling guilty for holding onto because they were so small).  


 I put them together using some leather cord, and a few jump rings.  They were pretty simple to make, and an awl made piercing the leather a cinch.  The most difficult part of the process was cutting the chevron pieces so that the edges were straight and even.

Pardon all of the white fuzz...apparently the tank came right from the dryer....but what did I dry it with?

I love mixing the different leathers together, for a bit of variety.  

Inspiration piece found here. My chevron pieces are a bit wider, and my jump rings a bit smaller.

1 comment:

Edwin said...

Your insights are truly eye-opening, and your writing style is both engaging and informative. Thank you for sharing such valuable knowledge.As an artist, taking the <a href ="https://teletype.in/@colorblindtest/LYvufl6dnbIcolor blind test</a> opened up a whole new realm of creativity.