Search This Blog

Friday, April 6, 2012

Leather Bracelets: Superhero Cuffs and Hybrids



Poor Clark has been a bit neglected when it comes to handmade gifts.  It seems that I'm sewing for my booth, custom orders, Miles, and very rarely myself.  My poor little three year old just gets  the short end of the stick when it comes to being a recipient of my sewing project.


The really sad thing is that he is one that really appreciates handmade things.  The other day I overheard him talking about me to his dad.  He said something like this...

"My mom is really good at fixing things.  She can fix things with her sewing 'chine, and her serger.  She can make me clothes, and capes, and she's really good at making things".

It melted my heart when I heard him talking about me that way.  Sometimes I worry that all of the time I spend blogging and crafting isn't the best use of my time.  I still don't know that it is, but I'm glad to know that he appreciates what I do, and knows that I do it out of love.

Anyway...I made him some superhero cuffs out of some foiled leather that I picked up over a year ago. He loves them.  He wore them for eight days straight, and the foil is already fading. If you're interested in the Superhero Sewing Pattern, you can find it here.


I also wanted to show you some new cuffs that I came up with.  This is a hybrid of the braided leather bracelet, and a standard cuff.  I love the red leather!


These are some tone on tone cuffs.  The one on the left is a simple combination of a coil cuff, and the right is a braided leather with some side stitching.


These are nothing new, but I still love them.  I really need to make one for myself.

No comments: