Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

Hip For the Holidays Favorites


Well, it is finally here.  Some of you are probably relieved that I am wrapping this series up, but I have had a lot of fun sewing for my family.  I want to give a big thank you to everyone that linked up their holiday apparel projects, and of course thanks to Terra for guest posting.

Now it's time to share my link party favorites....

For the Babes....


I love these twelve days of Christmas onuses from Me Sew Crazy.  The embroidery is precious.



This adorable elf costume, from Sew Can Do, is ridiculously cute.  Oh I wish Clark would endure wearing a costume like this.

For the Kiddos...


I love this Manhattan Dress from Innocentia, she is crazy talented, and always impresses me.  She recreated this 50 piece pattern for her daughters dress.



And how about Stephanie's ( double equis) swing coat?  I love this. She made it using a Heidi and Finn pattern (do you remember the shop from my post on Wednesday?).



How about some adorable floral leggings to keep those little legs warm during the winter months.  Terra from Mama Says Sew offers a great tutorial for these little leggings.



For the Ladies....


This halston inspired dress is stunning. Tamara from Etcetorize has some impressive skills, I'd love for her to share them with me.





This flirty skirt from Therapeutic Crafting is perfect for the holidays.  I think that it's all about the sheen.  I love the length of the skirt as well, very appropriate for the winter (because I don't believe in ankle length skirts).


Oh how I love polka dots.  Cindy, of Cindy's Custom Creations, make this fantastic skirt for herself.  I love it when women take the time to make things for themselves.  I need some tips from her on fitting patterns. Her skirt fits her perfectly.

Thanks again to all who participated.  I've had fun. 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Some beautiful pieces from the Hip Event Tricia! Some of my favourites are the floral leggings (I could totally do that) and the polka dot skirt (lovely and in a style that I would definitely wear)! Thanks for all the great ideas!

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

Thanks so much for featuring my onesies! I am almost finished with them, can't wait to share them all :)

That Halston dress is STUNNING!!! I am in l-o-v-e

susan said...

I am hoping the same best effort from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing skills has inspired me. Eminem, also known as Marshall Mathers, is one of the most commercially successful rappers of all time, with more than 100 million albums sold worldwide. He is one of the richest rappers in the world, with an estimated net worth of $210 million. Visit Eminem net worth for more information.