Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fall Decor: Oak Leaf and Acorn Table Runner


 Well you don't generally find many home decor items on my blog, I generally leave that up to the other craft bloggers.  I like home and holiday decor, but I don't usually take the time to make it.  I decided that my living room was in serious need of some seasonal decorations.  This is what I ended up with.  


I made this simple Oak Leaf and Acorn table runner using the same material from this belt, and these booties.  I like the way that it turned out, despite the fact that I spent quite a bit of time embroidering the shapes. I had originally intended just to stitch the shapes, but they weren't visible enough.


I used a satin stitch to create my shapes, because I don't have an embroidery machine.  A satin stitch is simply a zig zag stitch with the stitch length shortened so that the stitches fall close together.  


 I created a decorative corner using some plastic scrap booking stencils, and a simple  satin stitch border 1 1/2" in from the edges.  


It makes a nice little runner for our credenza, and a perfect runway for Clark's airplane.

I'm linking up here today.

I hope that you're gearing up for Top-toberfest, I sure am excited.


1 comment:

Kim @ craftyNHmom said...

So pretty! I thought you must have an embroidery machine. Hats off to you for being able to stitch those designs with a satin stitch!