Sunday, October 31, 2010
I created the pattern for this top using one of Clark's zip up hoodies. I simply traced the zipped up bodice pieces along with the sleeves and added seam allowances. I ended up cutting a slit in the front bodice piece to accommodate the button flap.
I used a 2/3rds rule for measurement when adding the arm cuffs and waistband, and I am pleased with how they both turned out. I wasn't sure how much smaller I should cut the ribbed knit for the collar (given that the collar wouldn't be fully closed. I think that I ended up shortening the diameter by about 25%. The ribbed knit along the button flap is cut to the actual length.
I added a little argyle design inspired by this top. I attached the diamond shapes with fusible pellon, stitched around the shape edges with my machine, and then added the handstitching with embroidery floss. I had planned on putting a large brown button in the center of the main diamond, but Clark decided to hide it from me, so we will have to wait on that.
It was a fun little project that was done in a day. I love one day projects. I seem to be a bit of an impatient crafter (which explains my issues with knitting, and my fear of quilting).
I'll be linking here today. Thanks so much for reading!