Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

On My List: 5 Projects To Try

It seems like there is always a to-do list (or to make list) running through my head.  I feel like I've been really inspired by several projects Blogland.  Here are a few or the things that I am itching to try.








1.  I'd really love to turn this yummy cream knit into a Petal Tee like this.  I love almost all of the projects from Ruffles and Stuff, and this is no exception.  I love the different colors of petals that Disney used to make her Tee, but I think that I might do a monochromatic version.  What do you think?





2.  Ashley from Make it and Love it is always coming up with fantastic projects.  I think that her daughter looks adorable in this button up made from a boy's long sleeve shirt.  Do you think I could pull off a grown up version?  I have this yellow button up that I purchased at Old Navy men's department for only 97 cents. I think that it would be great, but I'd have to alter the sleeves because my yellow shirt is short sleeved.  What do you think, gathered sleeves, or a tulip sleeve?


3. Do you catch this tutorial from Elle Apparel (featured on U Create) on how to make this Pinwheel skirt? I really love how her skirt turned out.  I have a bit of a fear that the ruffles in the back would enlarge my backside, and that they wouldn't wear well when seated, but I love it.  It looks so great on her.  Unfortunately I don't have any fabric set aside for this project, I guess I'll just have to make a trip to the fabric store.


4.  I mentioned a few days ago that I don't own many patterns, which is true, but I did recently find a couple of patterns on sale for $1.99 each.  This is pattern number 2927 from Simplicity.  plan on making either the shirt or the sleeved dress.  I think that this pattern is definitely going to require some great fabric, any suggestions?





5. Wrapping up the list is pattern number 2403 by Simplicity.  I actually do have some fabric for this project.  I found some deep purpley blue fabric on sale that I think will look great.  I am debating between the long sleeve version or the short gathered sleeve version.  I am definitely planning on making the bodice featured on the right side of the package.  I have the fabric all cut out and ready to be marked and sewn, but I just don't know when I am going to find the time to sew this one.  It is so overwhelming to me when there are multiple pieces to be stitched together.  I'll hopefully find the time once I finish the quiet book I've been working on.

You may remember my last To Do list, and as you can see I have not crossed everything off of that list.  I just can't help it, my mind starts wandering and before you know it I have a list a few pages long.  These are just a few of the projects that I want to try out.  What's on your list?

4 comments:

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...

Great list. I can't wait to see how they turn out!

Josh and Amanda said...

I love the dress on the right in pattern 2403! I am sure that it will be cute when you get it made.

Kandice said...

I love the pinwheel skirt! I'd consider making it too, but I'm pretty sure I'd never pull it off...maybe a mini version for my 5 year old? ;-)

Online Assignment Help said...

Superb post! What do you think about my attempt to use Assignment writing services like cheap Assignment writing service reviews? How do you write such excellent evaluations?