Search This Blog

Friday, June 11, 2010

Just because I FELT like it





Yesterday as my son was napping I was feeling pretty exhausted and uninspired. Normally I try to craft during nap time, but sometimes I don't even have the energy to get going. I had just received a large order full of felt for some projects that are on my to-do list, but I just couldn't get started (I am supposed to be making another quiet book, and am working on a felt alphabet, and play tent) so I decided that I needed a quick little project that wouldn't take much time or energy. I didn't do a lot of planning or revising so this project is what it is, but I am kind of pleased with it. I have been really inspired by some of the adorable felt headbands out there. I love Blueeyed freckle's headbands, and also all of the ultra feminine flower headbands out in blogland. Anyhow I decided to try my hand at it. I definitely need practice and to invest more time in planning, but for a "craft quickie" I am quite pleased. I went out with some friends last night and sported my latest creation.

I think that the little flower needs a button in the center as well, but I don't have one on hand that suits it.

No comments: