Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

Modest Maven Purses for Mother's Day



















Here are some detail images of the purses that I made for the Mothers in our families. It was a lot of fun to make these purses. I personally have a horrible time finding my keys in my bags. I chose to add a simple key clasp to the bag before stitching together the upper and lower shell pieces. I used a silk ribbon as the tie. I also made some really basic removable corsages for the bags. It adds a nice personal touch in my opinion. I wasn't sure that the moms would be crazy about them so I sewed the flowers onto a simple pin with closure.





















I chose to make some really basic card or coin purses to match the bags. I have a small card wallet like this that I absolutely love. It is one of my favorite things. I decided to try my hand at wallet lining. The chocolate colored wallet is lined with the same material that the purse is (which happens to be the fabric from a pair of ripped pajama pants). Modest Maven includes pockets in her purses, along with the pen slots. I chose to add a small layered and contrasting pocket to the hounds tooth purse. All in all I am really pleased with the way that they turned out. Like I said, they were a lot of fun to make.

No comments: